Board Of Directors
Rajesh P Surana: Founder & Director
- Mr Rajesh P Surana founded Visionary RCM Infotech (VRCM) in 2006, with a vision to build a services company specializing in healthcare RCM and medical coding services.
- At VRCM, Raj is responsible for leading the company and providing strategic direction towards achieving exceptional performance. He is focused on making VRCM the global leader in Healthcare Revenue Management services, delivering incredible experiences to clients, end-users and employees across the world.
- He began his entrepreneur journey with 4 member team and over the last 12 years, scaled the resources to 3000+ global pool.
- Widely recognized for sound fiscal and operational management, strategic partnerships and acquisitions resulting in enhanced profitability, reduced costs and optimized shareholder value, Raj also serves as a trusted Board advisor conceptualizing and creating revenue opportunities by leveraging technology to drive business performance.
- He brings an incredible amount of industry knowledge with over 16 years of experience and relationships that he has built through the years while working in senior management positions in US-based IT companies like Microsoft Inc., Bloomberg LLP Inc.
- He is a distinguished global executive with an M.S Computer Science from the Syracuse University, New York and a Bachelor’s in Computer Science Engineering from SRM University, India.
Stephen H Wise: Managing Director and Head
- Currently as Managing director and head of the Global Health Care team at The Carlyle Group
- Member of the board of directors of PPD, HCR-Manor Care, Rede D’Or São Luiz S.A., Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (OCD), Healthscope Ltd. (prior), Grupo Qualicorp (prior), Multiplan (prior) and Lifecare (prior).
- Had server earlier onthe board of Qualicaps Group (prior), a portfolio company of Carlyle Japan Partners.
- Part of the Leadership Council of the Harvard School of Public Health.
- Prior to joining Carlyle, Mr. Wise worked with JLL Partners, a New York-based private equity firm, where he focused on health care-related investments and with J.W. Childs Associates, a Boston-based private equity firm, and prior to that, in the leveraged finance group of Credit Suisse.
- Has a bachelor’s degree in economics and finance from Bucknell University and Master’s in business administration from Harvard Business School.
Neeraj Bharadwaj: Managing Director of Carlyle India Advisors Private Limited
- Currently as Managing Director of Carlyle India Advisors Private Limited, focused on large growth capital and buyout opportunities across sectors in India. He is based in Mumbai.
- Prior to joining Carlyle in 2012, Mr. Bharadwaj was a Managing Director with Accel Partners’ growth investing operation in India. Preceding that he was with Apax Partners for nearly 10 years.
- As a Partner in the U.S. and subsequently as Managing Director/Country Head for Apax in India, where he led the India operations. Investments he has been involved with include Apollo Hospitals (BSE: AHEL), Jamdat (NASDAQ: JMDT), Widerthan (NASDAQ: WTHN), NXP and others. Previously, Mr. Bharadwaj was an engagement manager at McKinsey & Co.
- Mr. Bharadwaj was selected as Board Member of the Indian School of Business (ISB), a Young Global Leader of the World Economic Forum (WEF), Board Member of Olympic Gold Quest (OGQ), and Member of the Harvard Business School South Asia Advisory Board.
- Also serves on the boards of Global Health Private Limited, Metropolis Healthcare, VXI Global Solutions and Delhivery Logistics.
- Holds an MBA with distinction from Harvard Business School, and graduated summa cum laude with a BS in economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Shankar Narayanan: Managing Director and Co-Head
- Mr Shankar Narayanan was formerly the Managing Director and Co-Head of the Asia Growth Capital team of Carlyle, a global PE fund, responsible for advising on growth capital investments in Asia.
- Shankar Narayanan has been in private equity since 1993 with the unique distinction of having run some of the investee companies as a CEO.
- Since joining Carlyle in 2004, Shankar Narayanan has advised on investments such as Claris Lifesciences, Elitecore Technologies, Repco Home Finance, Tirumala Milk Products, Visen Industries, Value & Budget Housing Corporation (VBHC), Edelweiss Financial Services, South Indian Bank, Cyient, and Allsec Technologies.
- Shankar Narayanan has also advised on successful exits from Tirumala, Elitecore, Edelweiss, Repco and Claris.
- He was also actively involved in Managing the fund’s investments and exits in Newgen Knowledge Works, Financial Software & Systems (FSS), Learning Mate Solutions, QuEST and Sharekhan.
- Shankar Narayanan started his PE career as MD & CEO of Hathway Investments. While at Hathway, Shankar was involved in a number of investments including Johnson Tiles, Exide Industries, Hathway Cable, Asianet Satellite Communications and served on the boards of all these companies.
- After Hathway, Shankar Narayanan was associated with The Chatterjee Group (TCG) and Deutsche Bank Capital Partners in Hong Kong, and ICICI Ventures before joining Carlyle.
- Shankar Narayanan is academically qualified with a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) from XLRI Jamshedpur, where he topped his graduating class in the area of finance and accounting.
- He also holds a Bachelor of Technology degree in Civil Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi.
John W Wallace: Group Chief Executive Officer
- As Group CEO, John currently leads strategy, business development and overall operations for Visionary RCM.
- He is responsible for long range strategic planning, business modeling and partnerships that are consistent with the changing market dynamics for our customers to be successful.
- John’s focus is planning, partnering and operationalizing value based care organizations across the country as the healthcare payment environment continues to shift towards performance based reimbursement.
- Earlier John was SVP and GM role within Change Healthcare he also served as President, COO and board member of ACO Partner, a joint venture formed by Change Healthcare and Trinnovate Ventures, a subsidiary of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (BCBSAZ).
- ACO Partner is an independent physician-centric organization that partners with payers, providers, and patients to operationalize value-based care models nationally.
Joe Bress: Vice President
- Joe Bress is a Principal at The Carlyle Group focused on private equity opportunities in the healthcare sector. He is based in New York.
- Currently sits on the Board of Directors of WellDyneRx, Albany Molecular Research, Visionary RCM, Millicent Pharma, and the entity controlling Carlyle’s investments in X-Chem and X-Rx. He is also involved in Carlyle’s investments in PPDI, Rede D’Or Sao Luiz, and HCR ManorCare and was previously involved in Carlyle’s realized investments in MultiPlan and MedPointe.
- Prior to Carlyle, Mr. Bress worked in the Mergers & Acquisitions group at UBS.
- Holds an M.B.A. from Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business and an A.B. from Harvard College, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude
Kapil Modi: Vice President
- Kapil Modi is a Principal advising on growth capital and buyout opportunities across various sectors in India. He is based in Mumbai.
- He has been with Carlyle since 2008 and has been involved in various investments such as Tirumala Milk Products, Newgen Knowledge Works, Cyient, Visen Industries, VBHC Value Homes, South Indian Bank and Allsec Technologies.
- He currently serves on the Board of Newgen and Visionary RCM Infotech.
- Holds an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad where he was awarded the Gold Medal for academic excellence at IIM Ahmedabad. He received his Bachelor of Technology degree from IIT Kharagpur where he was awarded Silver Medal for first rank in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering. He is also a CFA charter holder. He also holds a masters’ degree in business law from National Law School, Bangalore.
Vishu Jhaveri : Strategic Advisor
- Dr. Vishu J. Jhaveri served as the Chief Medical Officer and Senior Vice President of Health Services, Network & Contracting of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Arizona, Inc until 2017.
- Dr. Jhaveri oversaw the development of corporate medical policies and the daily administrative functions of the Health Services Division.
- He also serves as the Chief Executive Officer and Member of the Board of Directors of Trinnovate Ventures, Inc.
- Dr. Jhaveri served as Senior Vice President of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Arizona, Inc.
- He served as Executive Vice President of Coventry Health Care Inc. and served as its Chief Medical Officer.
- Dr. Jhaveri served as Corporate Medical Director and Chief Operating Officer of Future Healthcare Corp.
- Dr. Jhaveri served as advisory Board of InterComponentWare AG.
- Dr. Jhaveri has more than 21 years of clinical and managed care experience. He is a member of many professional organizations and is a senior scholar with the Department of Population Health at the Jefferson School of Medicine in Philadelphia.
- Dr. Jhaveri received his medical degree from Bombay University, Bombay, India and his Master of Science in administration from Central Michigan University.
- Dr. Jhaveri is board-certified in quality assurance, utilization management and pediatrics. Dr. Jhaveri Completed his Pediatric Residency at John Hopkins Bayview Hospital in Baltimore